30 English & Business Teachers in China
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
Get paid to bring the Kingdom Culture to Asia as a University Teacher!
Also Accepting Applications for 3rd Year Interns!
You will need a BA Degree, desire to travel and a heart to mentor students![teaching experience preferred, but not required]
In person interviews held in Redding, CA until Feb 28th 2017.
Contact email@example.com for in person or over Skype interviews.
Other partner schools are looking to us for teachers, too. Learn more at jobs.academicsinasia.com/
We offer a variety of academic courses, briefly outlined here: www.academicsinasia.com/academics/. These courses are offered through the School of Foreign Languages and School of Business. Academic teachers prepare lectures and discussions for classes of 60 students on average, and multimedia classrooms are assigned for these courses. The full-time teaching load for academics is 12 class hours a week, providing ample time for preparation and meeting with students. Textbooks and other resources, including supervision, are provided. Flexibility to provide input into new textbooks and supplemental case studies possible. Applicants with corresponding degrees, teaching experience or work experience in an academic course discipline will be considered for openings.
We are interested in people with a variety of backgrounds, but we are especially looking for those with experience or college degrees in the following areas:
- English teachers (English degree not required) University Oral English and Language Arts for Success (download syllabus) [40 openings at 8 Schools for Fall 2016>.
- Business Teachers. Topics to teach: Business Communications (download course syllabus) Financial Management, International Business Negotiations, Communication, Microeconomics, and Accounting. Read Course Descriptions. Openings at Sias [10+ openings for Fall 2016]
- Elementary School Teachers (8 Openings at Sias. Read Job Description, 1 on Hainan Island)
- Culinary chefs [1 Opening ASAP at SIAS] See: CHEF JOB Description
- Chinese Speaking (or willing to learn Chinese) Engineering/Sales/Management jobs at NW China carpentry company. Email Aaron for more info firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media/Videographer/Personal Assistant for CEO of Coffee Company in SW China. Email Aaron for more info email@example.com
- 3rd Year BSSM Interns being interviewed now!
Benefits for SIAS Univ. Positions
- Airfare to China
- Return Airfare - with completed one year contract
- Medical Care Allowance
- Accident Insurance
- Private Apartment: www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing/ (family housing apartments are larger, request pictues if you are a family)
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Three Free Western Meals Per Day: www.academicsinasia.com/food/
- Free Weekend Trips: www.academicsinasia.com/culture-trips/
- Paid Winter Holiday (7-8 weeks of paid holiday during term)
- Free Chinese Lessons
- Starting salaries range from 4,500 - 9,000 RMB a month depending on degree attained and other factors, with annual raises. Higher salary for higher degrees. (In 10 months its possible to save $4000 USD). Use this tool to estimate your savings: www.academicsinasia.com/how-much-could-i-save
Intro Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZJWVyFkMMk
Read: Teacher Testimonials
FAQ: the best place to go to get a question answered or ask a question!
Consider enrolling in Long-term Impact Training (LIT) experience which is designed for first year teachers to help them prepare for mentoring and impacting the Chinese culture. Download the LIT brochure to get more info about this optional training: www.academicsinasia.com/lit
- Job Requirements:
You don't have to have formal teaching experience. This is a great opportunity for those who would love to travel, mentor, and touch lives in China through teaching. Learn more at: www.academicsinasia.com
If you do have teaching experience, you are qualified for higher paying jobs.
Sias International University (SIAS) provides one of the smoothest transitions into the Chinese culture as you join a university that caters to their 160 foreign faculty. AIA is the official recruiting branch for SIAS. (See Pictures of the SIAS Campus: bit.ly/SIU-Campus)
Business teachers should have a Masters Degree or 4+ years of business
experience preferred. Oral English Teachers need a BA Degree and TESOL Certificate or BA and 2 years teaching experience. Higher salary for higher degrees.
- Professional or informal teaching experience preferred.
- Desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting.
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence.
- Highly Desired:
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence.
- Commitment to integrity and a heart of servant-leadership.
- You will be living in a community for 150 Foreigners with 120-300 impressionable students looking up to you as a role model.
- You will be expected to have interpersonal skills, be a team player, and realize life in China requires flexibility
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 209-877-7427 to learn more!
- Reports To:
- 10 Christian leaders on-site (4 BSSM Grads)