- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- 20 - number of hours and salary are negotiable
- Job Description:
Position Description: Serve as Worship Director at a healthy church located on the outskirts of Syracuse, NY where you will oversee and coordinate all aspects of worship.
Worship Ministry Vision: Our 5-year goal for this position is for the Worship Director to raise up a community of worship (worship leaders and musicians) in support of future church plants.
- Job Requirements:
- Skilled as a vocalist and instrumentalist.
- Skilled in the ability to organize and lead a team of volunteer musicians and vocalists.
- Skilled in the use of technology used in support of worship, such as sound equipment, computers, and projection software.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, and fellowship.
- Plan worship for all worship services at Faith Chapel as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Oversee song selection, song presentation, coordination of all instrumentalists, and vocalists.
- Direct all weekly activities and practices necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Facilitate the growth of the worship team members by providing access to training using materials, books, and conferences.
- Raise up vocalists and instrumentalists by providing one-on-one mentoring.
- Oversee the worship department budget, equipment, and scheduling of volunteer musicians and vocalists.
- Establish annual goals for the worship ministry that align with our vision.
- Highly Desired:
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to personal moral purity.
- Commitment to Faith Chapel’s leadership, mission, and worship philosophy.
- A self-starter.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Honoring to those who lead you and those within our congregation.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader, passionate about leading people into an encounter with God through worship.
- An eager learner - desiring to grow in the art of worship.
- Reports To:
- Lead Pastor