Sioux Falls, South Dakota Religion Created Mar 31, 2017 11:51 pm
Church at the Gate
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
The Worship Leader will lead the congregation in honoring the Lord through musical and artistic worship by:
- Creating an inviting, worshipful atmosphere, a space in which people can meet with God;
- Leading the congregation and the members of the worship ministry in growing their own relationships with the Lord through worship;
- Establishing a God-honoring culture of worship among the congregation;
- Mentoring a team of worship leaders who rotate in giving leadership;
- Developing the people who serve in the worship department;
- Providing spiritual covering to the worship department.
- Job Requirements:
- Lead worship and train others to lead worship for the various weekly worship services;
- Be able to lead congregational worship with a fullworship team as well as alone.
- Utilize a mix of new, current, local, and traditional songs
- Allow room for the Spirit to lead during worship through prophetic words, singing in the Spirit, waiting on the Lord
- Lead during prayer times, altar times, communion, special prayer, or offerings
- Consistently Introduce new songs appropriately, so that the church stays current with what the Lord is releasing in this season.
- Build positive social dynamics and quality music
- Lead the worship team rehearsals (preferably a weekly rehearsal and a Sunday morning rehearsal).
- Help less experienced participants become knowledgeable of their instruments and roles as well as their spiritual gifts.
- Communicate with the Lead Pastor and other pastoral staff on a regular basis to discuss worship themes and maintain a trust-based working relationship
- Meet weekly for staff meetings as well as other periodic training events.
- Meet with the Gate-Media Director to plan worship service details, and provide weekly song order and lyrics to the computer operators in a timely manner
- Manage the worship department funds
- Manage CCLI Licenses, and song tracking requirements.
- Be an active participant in the Church at the Gate culture.
- Highly Desired:
Personal Christian Walk:
- A trusting relationship with Jesus Christ that is clearly exhibited in the leader’s
- Humble, servant leader who understands a culture of honor.
- Values quality worship with flexibility to respond to the Holy Spirit
- Seeks after and follows the leading of the Holy Spirit, does not walk in the fear of man, and walks in authority
- Skilled instrumentalist [preferably guitar and/or piano] – a true musician
- Lead quality vocalist – a strong, listenable voice to be easily followed
- Ability to bring out the best in team members
- Prior experience in church or para-church worship ministry
- Ability to train, manage and develop other worship leaders.
- Basic knowledge of sound, video, lighting, audio recording and editing is helpful
- Joyful submission to Godly authority
- Friendly, open, honest, seeking community, encouraging, good chemistry with existing teams
- Must be a person of integrity
- Must have healthy relationship with his/her spouse and children and their support for involvement in this ministry; not enslaved to debt (except for personal residence)
- Leaders are expected to participate in the shared life, personal growth, and accountability of a small group
- The ability to maintain monthly schedule for him/herself, the Worship team members, handle details related to worship planning and be prepared with planning ahead in worship.
- The ability to organize and communicate clearly and consistently
- The ability to oversee the financial budget of the worship ministry department.
- Reports To:
- Senior Pastor - firstname.lastname@example.org