Worship & Media Arts Pastor
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
The worship pastor will be the “producer” of worship services and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
- Job Requirements:
A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
Commitment to moral purity.
Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of New Hope Church.
Demonstrates excellence as a worship leader.
A Strong leader able to recruit, train and motivate teams of volunteers.
- Highly Desired:
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
- Skilled in vocal, and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship including the use of sound, lighting, computers, video projection, projection software, and Planning Center Online.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Reports To:
- Chuck Farina