Director of Youth Ministries
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
Calvary United Church (Calvary) is looking to hire a part-time, 20 hours per week, paid Director of Youth Ministry. Calvary is led by the Holy Spirit and has the heart of Christ to see people encounter and be transformed by God. We’re looking for someone who will be awesome at leading our Youth, and who will partner with God and join our church to help see His Kingdom come.
We’re looking for someone who will be a good fit with our staff team and our church. We’d like to hear about your gifts and skills, and how you would see them applied in your leadership of our youth. To apply please send your resume along with a cover letter and a brief statement of faith to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Preference will be given to candidates who apply before mid June 2017.
- Job Requirements:
Important Aspects of the Director of Youth Ministry Job
- Building on and digging deeper into the current youth programs in place for Calvary’s junior youth (grade 6-8) and senior youth (high school)
- Creating a culture and providing opportunities in which youth can learn biblical truths, step forward in faith, apply learnings to their lives and circumstances, and share their unique gifts with our church and the greater body of Christ
- Investing time in building up our youth and encouraging them as they walk through key life events like starting high school, getting their first job, transitioning off to university/college, etc.
- Organizing, leading and continuing to build up a team of volunteer youth leaders
- Partnering with the Lead Ministry Staff to create and communicate a vision for youth ministry at Calvary that helps our youth find their identity in Christ, equips our youth for their future, and that fits within the broader vision of Calvary.
- Build connections with both youth and families
- Faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour as demonstrated through your attitudes, outlook and decisions
- Adherence to Calvary’s Child Protection Policy (see Calvary’s website for the policy)