Kids Ministry Director/Pastor
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
Providence is a non-denominational church in south-central PA with a young but diverse demographic and a passionate and engaging worship culture. We meet on Sundays in the Spring Grove Area Middle School and have offices at 6146 York Rd. in Spring Grove. We are a church of 700-800 and average approximately 500 in total weekly attendance. We dream of being a church where Jesus is Treasured, People are Loved, Compassion is Extended, and You are Changed. We are currently searching for a dynamic, full-time staff member, who will help us carry this ministry into the future.
Provide energetic, spirit-led, dynamic leadership, vision, and forward movement to the Kids Ministry.
Our heart for Providence Kids is to reach and empower a generation to live out their God-given calling now, gathering in worship for the purpose of encountering God, laying a foundation of biblical truth in the hearts of kids, and fostering a passion for Jesus and His fame across the world.
- Job Requirements:
- Model the vision and values of Providence.
- Lead a strong Kids Ministry that disciples and empowers kids, as well as reaching those outside of Providence.
- Develop an engaging and impactful Elementary worship experience, where truth is passionately preached and kids are experiencing the presence of God.
- Develop strategies for effectively engaging parents and families.
- Lead and develop a cohesive team of leaders and volunteers who will invest into the lives of kids.
- Develop engaging and excellent Kids Ministry environments, including those where children will experience the presence of God.
- Plan strategically for how to reach children and foster genuine life-change.
- Manage budgeted funds for the Kids Ministry.
- Foster a fun, lively environment where creativity and imagination are captured, so that kids look forward to coming to church each week.
- Communicate with people in a timely and effective way.
- Help to develop avenues for new volunteers to get involved.
- Identify, equip, and empower new leaders within the Kids Ministry.
- Take on additional leadership and/or specialist responsibilities outside of Kids Ministry that fit one’s gifts and abilities.
- Highly Desired:
- A humble Christian of character.
- Strong leadership ability.
- High standard of excellence.
- Ability to effectively communicate in front of large groups.
- Proficiency in building teams and raising up leaders.
- High relational aptitude.
- High level of work energy.
- Ability to effectively manage details.
- Three years in leadership on staff in a medium/large church context or similar experience.
- Reports To:
- To Be Determined