Executive Pastor of Organization & Expansion
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
The Executive Pastor of Organization & Expansion will work in a trusted relationship with the Senior Pastor to serve as a catalyst for implementing the vision and mission of SCC as set forth by the Senior Pastor and Elders. As a functioning staff member, the role will include assistance in overseeing church ministries, leading and developing staff and volunteers, and managing operations and communications for organizational health. The practical training and mobilization of volunteer servants and leadership ministries will be a key part of this position, thereby requiring strong communication, execution and interpersonal skills. The Executive Pastor will report to the Senior Pastor.
For more information please view the Job Posting on our website at www.sccpei.com.
- Job Requirements:
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading and developing staff and volunteers
- Managing operations
- Oversee leaders of key ministries: Life groups, Discipleship, Men’s/Women’s ministries, Youth and Children, Outreach/Mission initiatives, Newcomers and Worship
- Oversee church-wide communications, including but not limited to print, web, email, etc.
- Support in developing and reassessing the staff, implementing “total quality management”, ensuring that every staff member is committed to maintaining high standards of work in their area
- Identify potential leaders for volunteer ministry roles
- Organize leadership rallies and event planning
- Strategic planning for growth and development
- Build a volunteer base by working with key leaders: recruiting, equipping, training and releasing volunteers
Note: This job description is a working document. The Executive Pastor will collaborate with the Senior Pastor and the Elders to further explore and define the role as needed. This is a full-time position with a salary range of $57,000 - $68,500 (depending on qualifications and experience) with a comprehensive benefits package included.
Please send resume with cover letter via email to the attention of the Hiring Committee at SCCOFFICE@SCCPEI.COM.
Closing Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017.
- Highly Desired:
- A strong call to ministry and to Summerside
- Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in Scripture
- Philosophical alignment and agreement with the heart, vision, values and constitution of SCC
- Disciplined in areas of personal prayer, Bible study and embraces all the gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Passionate about serving, developing leaders, and seeing people serve in their giftedness
- Demonstrated strong administrative, leadership and management skills
- Proven track record in ministry or people-helping/management experience
- Strong people skills and relates to all generations
- Ability to promote positive work culture for staff and volunteers
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Business Degree/MBA an asset
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Effective management and leadership abilities
- Highly motivated to see lives and communities changed by the Gospel in a relevant way
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and team building skills
- Ability and vision to create new opportunities for church growth
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing
- Ability to handle sensitive issues, negotiate conflict and maintain confidentiality and trust
- Ability to network with, and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside SCC
- Reports To:
- Senior Pastor