Part Time Senior Pastor - Bi-Vocational
- Job Type:
- Job Description:
Denomination: Non Domination
Current Church Attendance: 45-55 in Worship Service
We are looking for a Spirit-led, passionate man of God who submits to God’s Word, is humble before the Lord yet bold for the Kingdom and genuinely loves people, intentionally engaging his community. We would like a leader who has a heart for the lost and will take seriously the call to reach our community and our world with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our pastor should believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God and he should teach the full counsel of God’s Word. He should maintain a strong personal walk with the Lord and shepherd others to do the same, encouraging our members to discover and use their spiritual gifts. He should have a servant’s heart in all things, preaching and demonstrating God‘s grace.
Currently, as a small church, we are looking for a senior pastor to bring an engaging, thought-provoking, biblical message on Sunday mornings and be a vital, intentional part of the Dripping Springs community as a representative of Gateway Hill Country Church. Our pastor will serve as a member of our Elder Board and will oversee our small church staff, who are all volunteers. We sincerely believe that God has big plans to grow our church body and as we expand under God’s plan and our new pastor’s leadership, the pastor position will also expand, in both responsibilities and compensation.
Our History and Identity
Gateway Hill Country Church began in 2007. Our vision is to Love God, Love People, Impact the World. We are a Spirit-led congregation, governed by elders. Our culture is a “come as you are” church with the goal of being welcoming to people of all ages and spiritual maturity. We believe in the power and necessity of prayer. We meet each Sunday morning to pray for our community, our congregation and our worship services. Our Small Groups, which consist of member-led Bible study and prayer, meet throughout the week. Our worship is dynamic and contemporary.
Our church is located in Dripping Springs, Texas, a fast-growing town in the beautiful Texas hill-country, about 20 minutes west of the state capitol, Austin. In 2016, our county, Hays, was the third fastest growing county in the United States. The trend is predicted to continue for some time.
- Job Requirements:
- Seminary degree or Bible College degree is strongly desired, but not required
- Lead pastor preaching experience is strongly desired, but not required
- A willingness to live in the Dripping Springs community and represent our church through
participation in community events and meetings
- Has leadership, organizational and communication skills to accomplish senior pastor responsibilities
- Is relational and cares about people
- Is able to sensitively work through issues and concerns within the church staff and the congregation
- Able to maintain confidences. Confidentiality is extremely important in this role
- Has an on-going relationship with a mentor or peer who helps with their personal accountability
- Reports To: