Island/Mountain Camp Instructor and Life Guard Positions
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
Are you adventurous, Active, Passionate about youth, love the outdoors, kingdom minded, teachable, and desire close community? If so, Mountain and Sea Adventures (MSA) is looking for you!
• Strengthen your Endurance an Faith
• Have a blast while being part of a team that changes 1000s of kids lives
* Local Outreach in 2 Harbors, Catalina
• Snorkel, Kayak, Hike, Camp, Sail, Surf and Smores
(optional) International Missions partnering w/ YWAM Catalina & HIM Ministries
Teach Outdoor Education and Recreation in some of the most Beautiful places of God's Creation: Catalina Island, Big Bear in San Bernadino Mountains, and aboard our Camp Ship- The Enhydra! Experience Ministry Outside the Box!
Some classes you will teach are Bird Lab - Kayaking, Fish Lab - Snorkeling, Natural History of Catalina - Hiking, Environmental Sustainability, Survival Skills, Groovy Time - SUPs and Helping kids to dive of the 2nd story deck of the Enhydra!, Deckmanship skills, as well as Surfing, BBQs and smores on the windward side of Catalina.
- Job Requirements:
- Swim 250 yards non-stop and lift 40 lbs, walk/jog 1/2 mile in 8 minutes
- Ability to work in close quarters and live rusticly.
- Able to lead a group of 15-25 students
- CPR, first aid and lifeguard certification (we train you)
- Small boat operating (optional)
- Able to Snorkel, kayak, and hike
- Field science / marine biology
- Ministerering in gift mixMSA will be recruiting for the following 2018 positions. Employment begins March 1 (Training in February) and concludes October 18th 2018.
** EMAIL your RESUME and Photo of yourself to: email@example.com
- Highly Desired:
Any science, marine biology, environmental ecology, outdoor adventure skills, boating, youth ministry, and youth camp experience.
- Reports To:
- Sea or Mountain Director