- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
Worship/ Youth Pastor
Church Size: 200
Job Type: Full-time
Christian Life Assembly (CLA) is looking for the right person to partner with us to help lead our congregation in worship and youth ministry. We are looking to develop and expand our worship and youth ministries in innovative ways to further reach our surrounding communities.
We have phenomenal facilities and plenty of room to grow. Our attire is casual and we have a passion to reach those far from God and those disconnected. We strive to help everyone find their role serving in the body of Christ.
We continually strive to be outwardly focused doing many special events to reach are community. We are looking for the right person to join our team as we work together to see God do great things.
CLA is located about twenty minutes south of Joliet. It is right off the I-55 with quick access to all Chicago has to offer. It is located in a smaller town but there is over 30,000 people within 15 miles. You can enjoy a little more relaxed atmosphere with a quick commute to anything you would like.
CLA is made up of both young and old and musically it is modern in its approach currently pulling from musical influences such as Bethel, Hillsong, Jesus Culture, Chris Tomlin, and more. We have excellent musicians.
CLA currently has between 10-20 teens on a weekly basis. We have excellent facilities. You will also have a weekly budget of $50 for youth ministry and $50 per week for worship. Additional money is available for special projects.
- Job Requirements:
· Preach and direct youth including small groups.
· Instruct and direct youth leaders.
· Have a youth activity at least once a month. (Your expenses will be covered)
· Take kids to youth convention and youth camp.
· Give a monthly youth report of all activities and services.
· Plan and look for ways for kids to be involved in missions.
· Develop outreaches to the youth of the community. Get into the schools.
· Disciple and train students.
· Be a team player with a servant’s heart being willing to do whatever is asked.
· Participate and help plan outreaches for the community with other staff.
· You must be a team player.
· Lead and direct the worship team and lead our Sunday Morning Worship
· Have a practice at least once a month besides Sunday Morning practice.
· Recruit and train new potential members for the worship team.
· Introduce new music monthly.
· Organize song choices and send out using planning center with songs,
keys, and links.
· Oversee the media department. (Sound, lights, etc…)
· Help at occasional funerals, weddings and special events.
Other Expectations and need to know things.
· Office Hours – Monday-Thursday 9-4 with flex for evening events and
· Two weeks paid vacation and 9 paid holidays.
· Attend staff meeting and share ideas for the church.
· Loyalty and you must be a team player.
· Support the pastors and vision of the church.
· Return all calls and texts as soon as possible.
· Help with phone calls and visitation.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Salary based on experience with a minimum of $40,000 and skill set.
- Highly Desired:
A Disciple – someone who lives out a relationship with Christ with a positive attitude.
A Self Starter – an energetic person willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
A Spirit Lead Worshiper – someone who not only leads the congregation musically but challenges the congregation to enter worship personally weekly.
A Team Player – someone who works well with teams with a great attitude.
An Excellent Musician – someone who is capable of leading from guitar/keyboard.
A Licesnsed Pastor - in a like minded denomination.
- Reports To:
- Lead Pastor