Restorative Practices Educator
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
The Restorative Practices Educator (RP Educator) provides training, support and vision for local schools in their implementation of Restorative Practices. The position includes:
1. Implementation of a restorative philosophy that:
- Emphasizes problem-solving approaches to discipline, and
- Emphasizes prevention and early restorative intervention to create safe learning environments.
2. Provide professional development trainings and presentations on restorative practices to school districts, school staff, parents, and community partners with emphasis on Whole School Implementation of Restorative Practices.
3. Support restorative intervention and prevention practices at school sites by:
* Facilitating restorative conferencing as an alternative to traditional discipline and re-entry.
* Assist school site teaching staff in classroom management approaches that support restorative practices.
4. Other duties assigned in collaboration with the director of HOPE City.
- Job Requirements:
- Teaching credential
- A minimum of 2 years experience implementing restorative practices
- Skilled restorative practices trainer and facilitator
- Experience working in K-12 school setting
- Strong organizational, communication and planning skills
- Highly Desired:
- Skilled in program development, coordination and evaluation
- Experience with providing professional development and presentations
- Understanding of the Culture of Honor values
- Deep commitment to young people and to the values and principles of RP
- Thorough understanding of adolescent development (emotional, social, physical, and intellectual)
- Deep understanding of, commitment to, and strong ability to advocate for social justice/equity
- Reports To:
- Jackie Durant, Executive Director