Associate Worship Pastor / Technical Director
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
Plymouth Covenant Church has an immediate opening for an Associate Worship Pastor / Technical Director. Our prayer and desire is to find someone who is a passionate worshipper, loves the Presence of God and wants to help others experience Him. You will be joining a vibrant church and an exciting team in a beautiful western suburb of Minneapolis. Plymouth Covenant Church is: Biblical, Humble, Playful, Generous and Spirit-Led!
This Associate Worship Pastor / Technical Director position will work closely with the Jr. High and Sr. High Pastors to prepare for worship with students on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. This position will also work closely with the Worship Pastor to assist in leading worship and the technical aspects of weekend services. This position additionally will provide oversight of all equipment and tech team volunteers.
- Job Requirements:
- Two years of experience in leading worship both technically and spiritually in a gathering of at least 500 people
- Experience leading worship cross generationally, with a focus on Jr. High and Sr. High students.
- Experience in raising up and preparing students to assist in leading worship; musically, vocally and technically.
- Experience mentoring and growing existing tech teams for all worship services and additional events.
- Experience building and growing volunteer teams for both student ministries and tech teams.
- Highly Desired:
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Technical music experience with competency for at least one instrument (more than one preferred)
- Experienced in directing other band members when working as a team, leading worship alone, both with flexibility and spontaneity
- Experience in leading worship for youth and training young musicians
- Knowledge and experience of sound systems, stage set up, lights (Jands Vista) & ProPresenter
- Other applications: Ableton (and/or other software of that nature), click track, multitracks, and Planning Center
- Post-Secondary education/training in music and ministry (preferred)
The Fitting Candidate:
- Loves God, has a personal relationship with Jesus, and is passionate for the Presence of God
- Loves students and adults; and can pastor a team within a culture of honor, as a servant leader and a team player
- Loves excellence and creativity, yet has a humble and teachable spirit
- Is self-motivated, and visionary; knows current music and introduces it early; is a natural builder of teams
- Is relational, discerning; knows when to pray or allow the Holy Spirit to speak through them
To apply: please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume and a recent photo
- Links to video of you leading worship
- Reports To:
- Lead Worship Pastor