- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
We are looking for a pastor to lead and minister to kids in our church and the region of Southeast Texas. The ideal candidate has a passion for and experience with spirit-led/presence-driven discipleship and ministry to children and parents, with experience managing and developing volunteer teams.
- Oversee all programming for children throughout the church.
- Maintain the kids ministry electronic check-in system.
- Work with church leadership to define a vision for the Cathedral Kids Ministry and develop a ministry plan to achieve that vision.
- Recruit, develop, and utilize kids ministry volunteers (from nursery to fifth grade).
- Work with other departments to identify and carry out ministry opportunities for Cathedral Kids.
- Explore and engage in emerging technologies that help involve more volunteers and kids in the ministry.
- Develop and maintain an annual budget for the Cathedral Kids Ministry department and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Review and deploy all curriculum used by the Cathedral Kids Ministry and ensure they are consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
- Job Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or similar accreditation (preferably in education or Christian ministry).
- 3-5 years of full/part-time leadership experience within a thriving children’s ministry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A sense of calling toward pastoral ministry.
- Married couple serving together in ministry preferred.
- Team player who works well as a member of a team with “all hands on deck” attitude with other departments.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).