P/T Youth Pastor
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
The Youth Pastor position at Seattle Revival Center exists to recruit, disciple and commission a movement of young leaders who love Jesus, His Church, His Word, and His mission.
Engage Heaven, Transform Earth.
- Create a weekly youth service (currently on Wednesday nights) to engage youth in Gospel-sharing relationships and enrich the spiritual growth of SRC youth.
- Coordinate Sunday School youth service to develop the personal walk of youth attending Sunday services.
- Develop environment at youth services/groups that is inviting to Christian and non-Christian youth alike.
- Develop a team of volunteers and leaders who serve the needs of the youth ministry.
- Grow connections with parents, staff, and the church body to offer comprehensive support to the youth ministry.
- Build community among the youth to inspire a supportive and vibrant group of youth who love Jesus and love each other.
- Provide for the growth and maturity of youth who come to know Jesus as their Lord.
- Empower leaders to develop the spiritual maturity of youth through discipleship groups and bible studies to deepen their faith.
- Have strategy for building bridges into Young Adult ministry after youth age out of youth group.
- Vision for developing mature believers who are equipped to walk out their faith in Jesus through opportunities to grow and use their faith.
- Develop regular opportunities for youth to mature in their faith through outings, retreats, camps, and mission trips.
- Participate in quarterly all-staff meetings
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Communicate weekly wins to church Administrator, Linda Boone
- Maintain consistent communication with parents, youth group intercessory team, and the greater church
- Youth budget and management of finances for youth ministry.
- Volunteer base, including scheduling, recruitment and annual screening/training.
- Paperwork and records for youth participation in events, youth ministry, etc.
- In outreach opportunities to the local un-churched community via opportunities to bridge SRC with the immediate community – ie, VBS, Easter Egg Hunt, etc.
- Job Requirements:
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience, experience in junior or senior high youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- One who is capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for Seattle Revival Center’s youth ministry.
- One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- An engaging teacher, with a biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Seattle Revival Center’s Statement of Faith.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
- Reports To:
- Associate Pastor Anthony Rivisto