- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
NLC is seeking to fulfillthe Children’s Pastor position to implement and develop our Pre-K – 5th Grade Studentministry. This is a great opportunity to join a team with a thriving and growing ministry that will provide additional ministry opportunitiesthroughout NLC. NLC is open to creative ideas and effective strategies for reaching the next generation of student leaders. We also recognize that children’s ministry is constantly changing and hope the new Children’s Pastor will be on the leading edge of student culture and ministry.
The purpose statement of our Children’s ministry is:
To be passionate about introducing the next generation of leaders to Jesus: loving Him, connecting in authentic community and equipping them to serve and impact the world for Christ! We see the Children’s Pastor creating a ministry which impacts the entire family.
Must be a visionary leader who can recruit volunteers and energize students, so they are introduced to Christ and challenged to grow in Him. We encourage all Candidates applying to have a Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university or a minimum of two years ministry experience as a volunteer or leader.
- Oversee the development of the ministry to Pre-K – 5thgrade students in the Miramar Beach, Santa Rosa Beach area
- Included within the scope of this description, we see the Children’s Pastor partnering with the Senior Pastor to develop a family curriculum to further the discipleship mission of NLC by equipping the entire family to understand their role and responsibility with in the home.
- Oversee the coordination of trips, retreats and missions projects for students
- Oversee the direction and integration of the children’sministry into the pace of NLC
- Partner with other ministries within NLC to further the mission of Christ
- Provide vision, direction and oversight to the studentministry leadership team (volunteer and staff)Leadership Development
- Encourage and oversee the professional and personal development of student ministry volunteers
- Recruit and equip volunteer ministry leaders for the student ministry
- Provide shepherding and spiritual encouragement to ministry leaders
- Model and demonstrate unconditional love in practical ways to the diversity of students who attend NLC
- Develop a team approach to ministry within each area of responsibility including: Worship, Teaching and AdministrationAdministration
- Oversee the budget and financial decisions for the children’s ministry
- Communicate effectively with the Lead Pastor and Pastoral Team on ministry-related issues
- Develop and maintain healthy team relationships with Pastors, Directors, Church Staff and Ministry Leaders through relationship building, attendance at weekly/monthly staff meetings and other meetings as necessaryTeaching
- Be a part of the teaching team for adult services when called upon
- Ensure that Biblical and relevant teaching is provided throughout children’s ministry
- Encourage teaching that is "life changing" rather than merely informationalPersonal Growth
- Maintain a growing relationship with the Lord that includes regular prayer, worship and reading of the Word
- Continue to develop leadership gifts as well as an understanding of student ministry through on-going training, ministry networking and personal developmentThis will be a Full-Time position with the following compensation and benefits: please contact us for details.
- Reports To:
- Lead Pastor