Associate Pastor of Youth, Young Adults & Small Groups
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- 40 hours salary
- Job Description:
Gateway is a charismatic, Spirit-filled community that places a high value on children, students and young adults. We are a house of fathers and mothers who want to develop and raise up the next generation, to provide Spirit empowered leadership in all areas of society.
GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS
- To help students, young adults and leaders discover their God-given identity and to lead students and young adults through transformational development by helping them experience God, be family and share love everywhere.
- Bring your skills, experiences and talents to provide quality leadership to Gateway Youth and Young Adult Ministries, small groups, it’s leaders and our parents.
- Build a leadership pipeline that results in committed team members who love Jesus, students and/or young adults.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Translate and implement Gateway’s mandate and process which is to experience God, be family and share love everywhere.
- Recruit, train and disciple a leadership team who can lead students/young adults, discipling them from where they are to where God wants them to be.
- Serve as the voice of youth and young adult ministries to the pastoral team, church family and region by communicating clearly and effectively.
- Allocate resources that support the vision, mission and values of your areas of ministry.
- Provide a fun, safe and spiritually rich environment.
- Provide weekly services for the students, inviting students who do not know Christ.
- Counsel youth and parents as needed.
- Develop relationships with local school officials and be available to speak and/or visit in the schools.
- Remain informed of current trends in youth education programs and youth culture.
- Run a consistent meeting for young adults ages 18-25.
- Provide annual retreats, fun events and other ministry opportunities for students to experience God, be family and share love everywhere.
- Create an active presence on social media
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job Requirements:
SKILLS NECESSARY FOR PASTORAL LEADERSHIP
- People Skills: You must have clean hygiene, look professional and carry yourself with respect and dignity. You must communicate well, manage conflict, be a good listener and honor others. Being a team player is essential.
- Leadership Skills: You must develop people in their destiny discovery, area of leadership expertise and disciple them along their spiritual journey with Jesus. You must plan, delegate and follow through. Leaders reproduce who they are more than what they do. You must be a person who keeps his word and lives with strong character. You must communicate with your team, provide clear leadership, strong boundaries and hold people accountable to their journey.
- Ministry Skills: You must represent your ministry with excellence to the church, parents and community. You must translate the overall church mission, vision and values creatively to our student community. You need to be growing in your overall journey with Jesus.
- Highly Desired:
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reports To:
- Lance Bane