Controller / Accounting Manager
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
We are in search of an experienced Controller to join our Executive Leadership Team. You will be accountable for the policies and procedures, financial forecasting and budgets, report on company performance with Financial Statements, manage Assets and Liabilities. We are looking for a Controller who can provide strategic leadership, support operational excellence, and help drive achievement of current and future financial goals.
This position partners with the Executive team to ensure that all financial, growth and operational objectives of the company are achieved with excellence. Supervisory duties over the staff of the Financial Department are part of this position, as well as strong collaborative leadership as a member of the Executive Team.
- Job Requirements:
- Manage all financial functions including financial strategy, budgeting processes and forecasts to support current and future revenue growth.
- Assist the President and Management Team in driving day-to-day operations.
- Create rigorous financial models and analysis to assist with the development of future lines of business and pricing strategies.
- Determine and report the financial impact of operational issues and strategies.
- Develop and supervise, through direction, training and professional development, a strong financial team.
- Take the lead in developing, maintaining and reporting budgets and all financial aspects of operating and strategic plans.
- Oversee the establishment and development of financial processes and procedures, ensuring best practices, consistency, transparency and reliability of all aspects of the company’s financial data.
- Highly Desired:
- Minimum three years experience in a financial leadership position with a small to medium-sized service-based company, preferably in the technology sector.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Advanced understanding of accounting, operational and financial procedures, as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Unquestionable personal and professional integrity; willingness to be held accountable to the Executive Team and CEO.
- Supervisory experience.
- A team builder and strong coach, with a collaborative working manner.
- Ability to give, take and act on, to the benefit of the team, constructive criticism.
- Ability to recruit, retain and mentor top-quality staff.
- Willingness to contribute to company goals, both inside and outside of the finance function.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Reports To:
- Executive Team