- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- 10 - 15
- Job Description:
Worship Director for a 5 year old pioneer church. Approximately 10 - 15 hours a week with a starting wage of $1,000 per month. There will be opportunity for increase in same area, or other administrative work, within the leadership team over time. Work under the direction of the Senior leader and partner with Worship Pastor to lead worship teams during weekly Sunday meetings, occasional team meetings, community worship events and annual Miracle Farm "summer festival". We look for the candidate to bring administrative leadership and worship excellence to our team and the ability to bring musical training / coordination to our team as well. We are a pioneer work with average Sunday attendance of 100 adults and 30 kids.
- Job Requirements:
1) Expectations & Requirements
- Demonstrates mastery in skills for both vocal and instrumental music.
- Ability to lead in Spirit-led worship that brings people to encounter God.
- Carries a deep conviction to bring the presence of God through musical expression of song, dance and the creative arts.
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- Meet regularly with Senior leadership team to plan, strategize, problem solve and implement vision for development of worship culture.
- Room for growth as church grows and responsibilities expand.
- Able to actively recruit and build worship teams.
- Oversee all aspects of worship for Sunday morning service, and delegation to worship team members for the following (Works in tandem with Worship Pastor):
- Sound system set-up and quality,
- Slides and video projector,
- Scheduling of worship teams,
- Feedback and development for all musicians as we pursue excellence.
4) Direct Ministry
- Work alongside Worship Pastor to help build and develop a strong worship community.
- Involved with co-leading or leading a home group.
- Highly Desired:
Interested in partnering with a pioneer work, with a mission to bring Jesus to Springfield and the Oregon territory.
Someone who is willing to supplement with additional employment within the community if needed.
Musical excellence in song, multiple instruments, band leading. Leadership skills in elevating and advancing the team.
- Reports To:
- Senior Leader