- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
Worship Leader/Youth Pastor Position
WFA is a church set apart by it’s culture of sincerity in worship. Discipleship, worship, family, and community are all central to the DNA here. Our main goal is to bring people to wholeness in Christ. The individual or couple who joins our staff will have a wonderful opportunity to serve and grow. Whoever is chosen for this pastoral opportunity will find an established youth leadership team and worship team of excellence. The senior pastor has been at WFA for 25 years.
We are searching for the right individual or couple to join our family. It is a full-time paid position with a 403B retirement plan and stipend for health insurance.
The Worship Leader job description includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Worship pastor - Pastor, coach and develop the worship team including, but not limited to:
- Provide spiritual leadership, guidance and clear directions for practice & services
- Build relationships through quarterly fellowship, and one-on-one time.
- Prepare line-up for each service, including details and sheet music preparation for practice/service
- Set up Easy Worship song slides, overhead background, and lighting for each service
- Manage Planning Center and communicate with team for assignments, songs, schedules, etc.
- Research appropriate stage design changes and implement 2-3 times per year
- Youth Pastor - Build relationships with and disciple youth.
- Reach out to and connect with youth through phone, social media and personal time to motivate, encourage them in their spiritual growth.
- Plan weekly service and relational events on a monthly basis
- Develop relationships through discipleship and one-on-one encounters
- Set and achieve mission giving goal.
- Quarterly lead youth in serving our community by partnering with local ministries.
- Summer youth camp and summer missions trips.
- Pastoral/Administrative Roles
- Assist in pastoral care of congregation through follow-ups, hospital visits, family events, fellowship meals, etc.
- Preach Sunday p.m. services on a monthly rotation and as needed for other services
- During Small Groups, organize small group material, facilitators, meals, and cleaning rotation
- Connect with college and career group.
- Tentative Work Schedule (open to change as necessary)
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 - 5:00, Wednesday 9:00 - 4:00 office hours.
- Monday a.m. to lunch - staff time
- Sunday a.m. 8:00 - 9:25 - service prep/practice; 9:40 - leader prayer time; 10:30 - worship service
- Sunday p.m. 5:00 - 5:30 - service prep/practice; 6:00 worship service (or small groups when implemented)
- Thursday 6:00 - 7:00 - worship pep/practice (open to change)
- Wednesday 6:00 - 6:30 - worship prep/practice; 7:00 worship service
- All practice days/times open for change
- Continue developing and implementing other skills/gifts of yours that would add value to WFA
Respond with the following:
- Personal Photo
- List of instruments you play
- Video/Audio of you leading worship
- Video/Audio of you preaching
- Highly Desired:
*Proficient in keyboard or guitar
*Strong lead vocalist.
*Team player, self starter, motivated, passionate, creative
*Encouragement based leadership style
*Articulate short term and long term goals
- Reports To:
- Senior Pastor