Technical Arts director
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- 40 - 50
- Job Description:
The Technical Arts Director will provide leadership to New Horizon Church’s technical operations, including media/video production, video editing, video streaming, staging, stage lighting, and visual arts. Understanding sound reinforcement, sound recording, sound editing, sound mixing are beneficial elements of ability as well. The director provides leadership and developmental training for paid staff and volunteers.
- Job Requirements:
- Execute vision of Pastor regarding weekend worship and all productions.
- Mix audio of stream to standards set by the Pastor and train others to do the same.
- Set up video recording, train video staff, record and stream video content, edit video content and post video content.
- Set up stage lighting and set lighting for all production goals.
- Recruit, train and schedule staff and volunteers necessary to produce worship and other ministry events, including
- Video and lighting for each weekend experience
- Video and lighting for mid-week programming
- Video and lighting for special ministry events; including baptisms, weddings, funerals and events involving outside groups
- Lead and assist in the design of worship environments; create and install lighting and stage sets.
- Maintain technical production equipment and spaces with an emphasis on high standards of organization and installation.
- Manage AVL inventory and equipment in all technical spaces.
- Work with other sound and worship staff to plan for necessary equipment maintenance and purchases.
- Perform necessary equipment maintenance, maintenance and organization of all technical spaces, and equipment purchasing.
- Develop and ensure compliance with technical production procedures and processes.
- Serve as production operator (media, sound, lighting etc.) when other staffing is unavailable to meet worship and ministry event needs. This includes on-call response.
- Execute, along with worship staff, sound staff and volunteers, all technical setups and tear downs for all rehearsals, worship, and special events
- Recruit, train and manage part-time technical staff and volunteers to best accomplish mid-week and weekend services.
- Highly Desired:
oAbility to represent the vision of the Pastor and staff correctly and appropriately in various environments. Ability to support the vision of the Lead Pastor and Senior Leadership Team.
oAbility to maintain composure, and to model life-long learning and teachability.
oAble to use, and to coach volunteers to use, technical production equipment.
oStrong ability to communicate clearly and in necessary detail, both verbal and written, proficient in spelling and grammar to write and edit correspondence and training materials.
oHighly relational and very capable of providing effective leadership to paid staff and volunteers
oAbility to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
oAbility to enhance positive team environment built on creativity, innovation, communication, collaboration, and continuous improvement
oSchooling or advanced training video production, in media arts, production/post-production or related discipline preferred.
oExperience in a technical role at a church or alternative professional Audio/Visual establishment .
oAbility to lift 50 lbs, climb stairs and ladders and work from a height of 20 feet in the air
oProblem Solving skills
oEducation or advanced training in sound, lights and video preferred
- Reports To:
- Lead pastor