Lead/Associate Pastor for Filipino Church
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
The Senior Pastor shall serve as the chief shepherd and overseer of this church, teaching, leading, and nurturing the congregation, leaders, and volunteer staff.
The Senior Pastor will:
- The Senior Pastor will provide counsel, weddings, funerals, baptisms, and communion; and fulfill his responsibility as the lead teaching pastor to bring all generations and nationalities in the congregation into loving and life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Guide the church toward mission fulfillment.
- Provide oversight, encouragement, and direction to associate pastors, ministers, and volunteer staff, enabling effective communication and collaboration at all levels.
- Maintain accountability to the Board of Elders through verbal and written reports, personal consultations, as well as pastoral and general staff meetings.
- Provide leadership and vision for the church. Direct plans for ministry and church growth, develop and fine-tune the church structure.
- Motivate, equip, and nurture the people of the church through example, preaching, and teaching God’s Word and spiritual counseling.
- Spend significant time in prayer and Bible study.
- Contact/visit hospitalized or grieving church members, as appropriate.
- Officiate at weddings and funerals.
- Provide premarital counseling, counseling regarding salvation and spiritual issues, and other counseling for church members as time permits.
- Oversee church discipline and manage conflict in the church. Seek to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church and the community.
- Participate in evangelism efforts through preaching and giving invitations during worship services, special services, visitation, and other outreach efforts.
- Volunteer Staff Care:
- Provide for skill and spiritual development opportunities when deemed essential to ministry effectiveness.
- Provide personal mentoring or counseling when needed.
- Encourage staff members to be their best, do quality work, help one another succeed, offer praise when it is deserved, and that their opinion counts.
We are searching for the right individual or couple to join our family. It is a full-time paid position with a retirement plan and stipends for health insurance.
Please review our statement of faith here:
to see photos and other events of the church you can visit our facebook page:
Apply with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Photo
- Video/Audio of you preaching
- Please provide all your socila media links such as facebook, twitter, youtube, instagram and others
For more information, please call Pastor Serge Santos at 916-803-7136
- Job Requirements:
The ideal candidate for Senior Pastor:
- Since the majority of the congregation are Filipinos, the ability to speak and understand the Tagalog language is highly desirable .
- Demonstrates a continual pursuit of knowledge, understanding and wisdom through formal educational and theological programs, as well as a commitment to personally being a lifelong learner.
- Continues to demonstrate a commitment to learning through various media (books, CD’s, DVD’s, internet, conferences, etc.), about significant and current issues dealing with spiritual formation and challenges facing the church.
·A minimum education would consist of a bachelor’s degree and/or seminary completion, with specialized training and experience in the field of ministry focus. 5+ years of ministry experience as an associate or senior Pastor may be considered.
- Reports To:
- Elders and Overseers