youth / Young adults pastor
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
Are youSurfcitys next generations pastor..? Our name is changing to "Presence church" and we are pushing rest.
We are looking for a young enthusiastic individual to join our team here to gather, raise and lead the next generation. Depending upon the applicant the role will be part or full-time.
Our vision is LOVE GROW BUILD
Our mission is “ A church impacting the world through the message of Jesus with the language of love in the heart of worship. A church raising leaders discipling people and transforming lives a growing community with a passion for the presence of God.
The Generations pastors primary responsibility is to facilitate spiritual, emotional and relational development among the youth and young adults in the church. Working closely with a small core team of pastors.
- Job Requirements:
Position in Context
The role requires working closely with other leaders in the church, to provide a safe and healthy group environment of fun and fellowship, in which young people can discover and develop their relationship with God and friendships with one another.
Next Gen is a ministry category which comprises both singles for 13-30 years old and some young married couples (primarily those without children). The main priority is to be involved in shepherding and assisting youth /YA to develop their own relationship with Jesus Christ (Acts 20:28). The position demands a secure confident self starter with a passion for people.
- Develop and coordinate programs for singles and young married couples, particularly strategies aimed at both discipleship and community outreach
- Provide direct pastoral care to young people (e.g. visitation and one-on-one counselling)
- Train up leaders within the youth group (build a youth leadership team)
- Develop and run small group ministry targeted specifically at young people
- Preach and teach the Word of God at worship services from time to time
- Provide regular and accurate reports to the Senior Pastor about the status of the youth ministry, recent highlights, and identifying any issues to be overcome
- Facilitate a weekly worship service for youth
send your cv to Justin@surfcity.org.au
- Highly Desired:
Spiritually mature with a hunger for the Presence of God
2 years experience in running a youth ministry
evidence of a biblical education
ability to work well with our team as we grow and learn together
ability to communicate/preach and a knowledge of leading worship would be an advantage.
confident, humble and willing to be self driven
- Reports To:
- senior pastor / associate pastor