30+ Business or ESL Teachers
- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- Job Description:
Get paid to bring Kingdom Culture to China as a University Teacher!
BA Degree required along with a desire to travel and a heart to mentor students!
Hiring for August 2019:
- 7 Business Teachers
- 20 ESL Teachers
- 1 Film Producer
- 1 English Composition Teachers (download syllabus)
- 1 Golf Instructor
Deadline to apply: March 1st
Benefits for China University Position
- Airfare to China & Return Airfare - with completed one year contract
- Medical Care Allowance
- Accident Insurance
- Private Apartment: www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing/ (family housing apartments are larger, request pictures if you are a family)
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Western Meals Available: www.academicsinasia.com/food/
- Free Weekend Trips: www.academicsinasia.com/culture-trips/
- Paid Winter Holiday (7-8 weeks of paid holiday during
- Free Chinese Lessons
- Starting salaries range from 6000 - 9,000 RMB a month depending on degree attained and other factors, with annual raises. Higher salaries for higher degrees. (In 10 months
it'spossible to save $4000 USD). Use this tool to estimate your savings: www.academicsinasia.com/how-much-could-i-save
Also Accepting Applications for Ministry Interns!
Start Date Timeline for Fall Semester:
- Apply Year-Round - apply here.
- Interviews January 15 to June 15th (earlier you apply the more opportunities)
- Job Offers April 1 to June 20
- TEFL Certification online if you do not have 2-years teaching experience (takes one week to complete and is due February 1st)
- Visas Processed June
- Flight to Asia August 15-17
- New Teacher Orientation August 19-30
- Teaching Begins September 2
Fall Job Openings:
SIU hires 20+ Conversational English Teachers.
8 more partner schools are looking to us for up to 30 more Oral English teachers, too.
We offer a variety of academic courses taught in English. These courses are offered through the School of Foreign Languages and School of Business. Academic teachers prepare lectures and discussions for classes of 60 students on average, and multimedia classrooms are assigned for these courses. The full-time teaching load for academics is 12 class hours a week, providing ample time for preparation and meeting with students. Textbooks and other resources, including supervision, are provided. Flexibility to provide input into new textbooks and supplemental case studies possible. Applicants with corresponding degrees, teaching experience or work experience in an academic course discipline will be considered for openings.
We are interested in people with a variety of backgrounds, but we are especially looking for those with experience or college degrees in the following areas:
- English teachers (English degree not required) University Oral English and Language Arts for Success (download syllabus) [40 openings at 8 Schools for Fall]
- Business Teachers.
Courses taught: Business Communications (download course syllabus) Financial Management, International Business Negotiations, Communication, Microeconomics, and Accounting. Read Course Descriptions. Openings at SIU [10+ openings for Fall 2018]
- Elementary School Teachers needed around Asia. Ask for details via email.
- Chinese Speaking (or willing to learn Chinese) Engineering/Sales/Management jobs at NW China carpentry company. Email Aaron for more info email@example.com
- Social Media/Videographer/Personal Assistant for CEO of Coffee Company in SW China. Email Aaron for more info firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach Trips to West China:
Campus Intro Video:
Leadership Intro Video:
Connect and Follow:
Teacher Blog: blog.academicsinasia.com
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AcademicsInAsia
Mailing List: http://bit.ly/AlertsSign-Up
FAQ: the best place to go to get a question answered or ask a question!
- Job Requirements:
You don't have to have formal teaching experience. This is a great opportunity for those who would love to travel, mentor, and touch lives in China through teaching. Learn more at: www.academicsinasia.com
If you do have teaching experience, you are qualified for higher paying jobs.
Academics In Asia SIU China Campus provides one of the smoothest transitions into the Chinese culture as you join a university that caters to their 160 foreign faculty. AIA is the official recruiting branch for SIU. (See Pictures of the SIU Campus: bit.ly/SIU-Campus)
Business teachers should have a Masters Degree or 4+ years of business
experience preferred. Oral English Teachers need a BA Degree and TESOL Certificate or BA and 2 years teaching experience. Higher salary for higher degrees.
- Professional or informal teaching experience preferred.
- Desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting.
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence.
- Highly Desired:
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence.
- Commitment to integrity and a heart of servant-leadership.
- You will be living in a community for 150 Foreigners with 120-300 impressionable students looking up to you as a role model.
- You will be expected to have interpersonal skills, be a team player, and realize life in China requires flexibility
Contact email@example.com or 209-877-7427 to learn more!
- Reports To:
- 10 Christian leaders on-site (BSSM Grad)