- Job Type:
- Hours Per Week:
- 40 hours +
- Job Description:
Kingdom City is looking for a young, dynamic, revivalist leader for our thriving Youth ministry. We are a rapidly growing regional church (10 minutes north of Calgary) that is gaining influence as a centre of renewal and revival in Airdrie / North Calgary and surrounding region, and beyond. As a congregation of currently 800+, with a Youth ministry of 100+, and with expectation to grow exponentially in the next few years, we are impacting many young lives for Jesus as we fulfill our vision of Releasing the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.
- Job Requirements:
The next Youth Pastor we are seeking to bring on to our team will resonate with these things:
- You have a personal calling to Kingdom ministry in and through the local church.
- You are a culture setter in the youth life-stage, as evidenced in your use of current language, teaching style, environments creation, relational skills, and social media engagement. You are up-to-speed on matters of youth culture. You resonate with and live in the real world where youth relate. You are passionate and devoted to this life-stage.
- You are strongly theologically grounded, with a four-year degree in Theology/Biblical Studies, or have a youth major, or, at a minimum, have a two-year diploma in Theology/Biblical Studies. You can handle the tough theology and moral issues that challenge youth in our times.
- You have a proven teaching and speaking gift that engages youth and can also speak effectively to the broader church in worship services. You can design culturally appropriate and theologically grounded teaching curriculums for youth, for their ongoing maturity in Christ.
- You have a demonstrated leadership gift with several years of experience in bringing overall leadership to a youth ministry. You have proven that you can cast vision, recruit teams, direct staff, manage volunteers, do long-range planning, mobilize the ministry for advance, and create dynamic and exciting environments for Youth events and Youth worship experiences.
- You can lead in a large-church context; you are not a small-church paradigm leader.
- You are passionate about and ready to mobilize the people you lead to evangelize the youth culture around us with creative high impact outreach with the Gospel. You love large events for youth to engage in.
- You bring Holy Spirit-anointed leadership to all that you do, and are walking and growing in the river of renewal. You are a “young revivalist” who can minister to your volunteers and youth in the power of the Holy Spirit, expecting to see signs and wonders increase and the gifts of the Spirit released through this generation.
- You have a healthy soul and a growing and deepening relationship with Jesus through meaningful personal time with God each day.
- Highly Desired:
- Reports To:
- Associate Senior Leader